Though I’m not doing much right now other than working, I’ve got a lot of exciting things lined up that I’ll discuss more when the time comes.
June 10-13: 2012 Conn-Selmer Institute
- Got one of the 10 scholarships at my university to attend this! Essentially a 3.5 day long music education clinic. Lots of brass and percussion information, but it’s geared towards future music educators, and I can use it for professional development and college credit.
June 20-?: Men’s Barbershop Camp
- I just heard of this recently, but I’ll be attending a camp geared towards vocalists who want to learn more about Barbershop style music. Can’t wait!
June 29-30: Wedding Gig
- A good friend of mine, and fellow jazz band member, is getting married this summer! She’s invited me and my trumpet trio to play at her wedding alongside a professional string quartet in front of her family and colleagues. Looking forward to a memorable experience, and hopefully I’ll get some good networking opportunities!
July 7-13: World Choir Games
- My University’s show choir, and Indiana’s Official Goodwill Ambassadors, the Ball State University Singers, will be competing in the World Choir Games in Cincinnati, OH. This is a fantastic opportunity not only for our vocal/instrumental/MusTech programs, but for our University as a whole.
- Following this event, we were invited by a related organization from China to tour for a couple weeks in November. Another historical event for our choir and our university, which hopefully I can make room for!
Alongside these events I’m joining my local community band on Tues evenings, joining church orchestra and choir on Sat evenings and Sun mornings, giving trumpet lessons, taking private lessons on guitar/voice/percussion/trumpet, and overall gearing up for when I go back to school in August. Oh, and I get to show up to school essentially 2 weeks early for marching band because I’m one of three trumpet section leaders. Whoo!